The pseudo-social life of RaNma

Défouloir au quotidien...

25 novembre 2004

This weekend was somewhat busy with Wavre model exhibition on Saturday AM and a militaria trade in Ciney on Sunday PM. AMC didn't had a dedicated table at Wavre's event so we only went to admire other's models. The picture gallery is updated with my pictures of some of the models. I went to Ciney hoping to find some interresting WWII IJN books but t
he only things I found were much too expensive: Hinomaru flag with 1942 marks for 190€, IJN officier katana for +1700^À and an Edo era samurai helmet for... 7000^À!!! Anyway I was first happy with an Ospey book of IJN aces of WWII for 5€ and even more lucky/happy with an English seller who has lots of pilot patches. I bought all Belgian Mirage V related patches and... he also had JASDF ones!!! Hamamatsu SAR, 30
3SQN and UF-104J were in stock. Good wekend after all (exception of my wallet's health ;-) )

Concerning the T-2 evolution I finished the painting (cannopies included) and decals work last week. I then remanufactured the antenna in thin plasticard and put them on place on the aircraft. I also detailed more of the main landing gear by adding the four doors actuators and glue them. The pannels lines and weathering still has to be done this evening.