The pseudo-social life of RaNma

Défouloir au quotidien...

02 mars 2005

Geek mania hit again....

OK you may think I'm definitely a geek/otaku/whatever if you look at these pictures: IBM T00 frame, IBM 7026-H70 server IBM 7337 DLT robot and IBM 7133-D40. These toys are now in my private office, and the Debian GUN/Linux webserver you're surfing on is also in this 33U rack. For the story I needed a frame for my machines and I found one...with this inside. For other ubergeeks, config is as follows: H70 is a 2*Power64-II with 1Gb RAM and 2*8Gb SCSI disks in RAID1 running AIX 5.2ML5, 7337DLT contains two DLT IV drives and a magazine for 10 tapes, 7133 SSA enclosure also contains 10 disks of 18.4Gb/10000RPM in RAID5 config (160Gb in JFS2).
I'm also thinking of installing SLES Linux 9 for pSeries on it (break RAID1 mirror or add 2*4Gb spare IBM disks that I stil have but without the hotplug enclosure for the H-70 node...
Also I don't have any HVAC in my room so it's getting a little bit hot in there (+3°C) and it also consumes ~1200Watt at full charge (my UPS is overloaded when I start the SSA enclosure).

BTW computing is shit, so I'm thinking about having my hollidays in Ibiza this year.

Currently listening to... "Cafe Del Mar" (11CDs to patient 'till June)