The pseudo-social life of RaNma

Défouloir au quotidien...

15 avril 2004

F-104J Starfighter news


"The widow maker" and its screaming and smoking J-79 engine...
After being displayed for seven years in my bedroom, my 1/32 "Eiko" needed a refresh & details upgrade.
I added more details in the cockpit and landing gear bays using epoxy scratch, plastic and coper wires, but I still have to re-do the painting on the upper side of the wings and enhance the weathering (vintag
e decals and yellowing white paint became awful).
Old pictures are still here, new ones will be posted soon in the same gallery.
I hope my venerable F-104J to be well displayed during the next expo in Huy of June 19 (details here and there).
Meanwhile, I saw a superb model of F-104 for FS2004 on captainsim website. Still costs USD 35 and only runs under proprietary operating system & MS Flight Simulat
or but...argh... can't resist anymore.